Friday, September 28, 2012

Don't Eat Food Shaped Like...

I went to the mall today to find a few things that I "needed" and striking out on all them led to me eating lunch in the Food Court. I went to Sbarro's, got a slice of cheese pizza, a breakstick, and a medium drink, a #1 if you will. A typical food court meal. Because it was pizza, when asked "for here or to go", I said "for here". I sat down at a table facing the rest of the food court for some good people watching and instead, experienced something new, awkward, and most definitely creepy.....turns out, I was the one being 'watched'. Taking my second bite of my breadstick, I look up, and to my surprise the gentlemen weirdo across from me was taking my picture with his iPhone. I wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but when the flash went off and he chuckled, I knew exactly what he was doing. Lets just say, I didn't eat another bite of that breadstick (I found this picture online, very similar to my meal so you could really get a feel of what these breadsticks looked like. Use your imagination). I was about to get up and switch tables when two ladies sat down at the opposite end of my 6 person table. I didn't want them to think it was because of them so I stayed and made awkward eye contact with Sir Creeps-A-Lot multiple times throughout my meal. I did what I know best, and tweeted about my situation.

Within moments I got several responses, assuming from my #whatdoido question. One being from my friend Nat, who proposed the idea of taking a picture of him in return. So....awkwardly....I did. I thought about posting the picture on here. Then I thought, no that's terrible. Turns out Nat was kidding....only I found that out after I actually took the picture when he said I was just as bad. Which then made me feel like the creep. That is until someone at work told me I was probably now on the Internet somewhere (Creeper: 2, Me: 1). Great. After telling my tale to another friend, she replied with "Wait, is the awkward, creepy part that you were eating at the food court in the mall or that he took the picture". So now I'm the weirdo?! Wonderful.

Moral of the story. Don't eat breadsticks in public, specifically the mall food court.

No comments:

Post a Comment