Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rub Me Down

There is nothing better than a good back rub, am I right? Well maybe a poster of cats giving each other back rubs, but to me it's a close second. Regardless of when and where, or what mood you've caught me in, if someone starts rubbing my shoulders or scratching my head and/or playing with my hair, I will immediately be entranced and stop whatever I am doing. A solid back rub goes a long way. I for one, would like to toot my own horn and say that I think I give great back rubs. Maybe its because I know what I like...and I believe in 'do unto others as you would like them to do to you'. Or maybe its because I have been told I am great at it. Either way, please rub my shoulders. I used to be lucky enough to get a professional massage every so often. Dear God was I spoiled. Now I have gone months without one. I want one...I need one....and I've started to justify "needing" one in so many ways. Back when I lived in the Outer Banks for a few summers, living with 10 other people and waiting tables to make living/spending cash, we traded back rubs like currency.  A group of lazy, college aged, girls and guys, who thought they were slaves to the service industry, and willing to trade giving a back rub for measly tasks and errands. For example, "Lacey I will give you a 10 minute back rub if you take this $10 bill of mine and go get me beer from the c-store". Done. Another example "Kevin, if you give me a 15 minute back rub I will do 1-2 loads of your laundry". Even, "Lacey, for the rest of your Mac n' Cheese I will rub your shoulders for 5 minutes". You get the idea. We were really living on the edge. There were always the roommates who never 'made good' on their end, and of course the ones that were just TERRIBLE at giving a massage. Obvious kinks to any trade, however overall it was quite the internal system. From everything I have learned both giving and receiving in the back rubbing world, never, and I mean never fall victim to the "lets make a circle" person....that person is normally the worst at giving back rubs. Plus, it's always a crap shoot because its completely hit or miss upon who you get to sit in front of. Awful. These kids are idiots. Complete amateurs. Except for maybe little Johnny there...he at least has the "right" idea. What...a player. I encourage you all to give and take back rubs as often as you can. Bring the currency back. It's stronger than the dollar.


No comments:

Post a Comment