Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012, the End.

I don't believe it. But if an apocalypse turns to be true, I have come to the conclusion that I have no hope. Unlike Beyonce and her gf's, I am not a survivor and I'm not gonna make it. This guys gives me much hope though.






In recent conversation and in the spirit of the New Year, resolutions have been topic of multiple conversations. I never know what to pick. "Exercise More" is too common and obvious. I  hate love the people who say they are gonna do that and then quit after January, but have a year long gym membership to prove it. At least I'm being honest with myself and know I go through spurts. When choosing a resolution honesty with yourself and being realistic is key. Or at least that's what I'm telling you. For example in 2012 I am going to try not to die. That's hopefully going to be successful. Fingers crossed. In 2012 I am not going to smoke. It helps that I don't already smoke but of course, peer pressure is everywhere. In 2012 I am going to actively participate in the celebration of marriages between friends and work on the advancement of a more popular cure for hangovers. Realistic and important. So this year with your resolution focus on obtainable goals. I know I will.


In all seriousness though, a few things I still need to work on/cross off the bucket list are below. I'll be interested to look back at the end of the year (if planet Earth is still around) and see what I've been up to.


* I would like to become a "runner" again. 2011 was the year of 5k's, and I'd like to do some longer races (dropping a table on my foot on New Years Eve really went against it though)
* I would like to continue to learn to sew and finally own a sewing machine
* I would like to learn how to weld. I've been saying it for years and never attempt to even look into it
* As part of that, I plan to be more proactive when it comes to saying I'm going to do something
* I also plan to look out for #1 more than I do now. I hate saying that. I think it sounds incredibly selfish. Though I was 'burned' a few times in 2011 because I usually try to put myself in other peoples shoes, and it bit me in the butt. I believe strongly in karma. I guess I've just been waiting for it to return the favor for a while. Karma, are you there??
* Goes with the lameness of saying you plan to exercise more, but I guess its the truth. Baby girl needs to cut back on her soda intake. Diet Coke is my Coffee. I love it. I need it. I have to have it......all in moderation I guess.


and lastly, I want to visit out of town friends more often.


oh and obviously, shoot for the moon - - star in a music video with Nicki Minaj. Duh




No comments:

Post a Comment