Monday, September 19, 2011

on to 2012

Another successful wedding weekend! The now married, Shawn and Keaira Huffman are off to beautiful St. Lucia! This was the last of the 2011 weddings that I will be able to attend - sad to be missing out on Kayla and Jason (soon to be Chalfant's) next weekend, but I will be working our Radiothon for the Children's Hospital here in Greenville, SC.


2012 shows great promise for another busy "Wedding Season". Lots of fun couples and most of them are 'local' which helps the calendar....and the wallet. That being said, many more engagement parties, showers, and bachelorette weekends to close out 2011's "Wedding Season". It never gets old, I love it. Thank goodness, too. I don't know what Bed, Bath, and Beyond would do without my business.




Kayla and Jason (far left) were roommates of mine at the beach one summer in the OBX. There were 11 of us in a house in Nags Head, NC and it was basically like "The Real World". 6 guys, 5 girls and quite the interesting mix. They get married next weekend and I have to miss it. I am extremely bummed. Not only is it back in our old stomping grounds (OBX) but its going to be like a giant reunion of our beach family - The Morning Doves.

Tony and Whitney (centered) get married in January 2012 and have asked me to be a part of it. I have accepted, obvi, and cannot wait to get crazy with them. Whitney was my childhood best friend and I basically lived at her house growing up. The wedding is back in MD where I grew up, so crabcakes and football, here I come.

Mills and Lauren get married the following weekend in February. I frequently crash at Hotel Maxwell after nights downtown, even though my house is just a miles away. Mills and Lauren are a fun couple who like to partake in social events themselves, which has made us really good friends. Their sense of humor is outstanding. This Greenville wedding is sure to get rowdy.


Stephen and Lisa have a really cool story on how they met. If you believe in fate, you're a fan of them. Not too far behind Lauren and Mills, they'll get married early Spring in Simpsonville - one town over from Gville. Lisa and I met when I moved to Greenville through mutual friends and became close instantly. Walks and gossiping about our latest disasters and successes have brought many laughs. I'm super excited for this one, too.

Randy and Carolyn. FINALLY! I have been waiting for this one for a while. They've been together since we lived in doorms and attended frat parties like we were the coolest chics around. A Clemson wedding and sure to be a shit show. I love getting together with them because its constant laughter. Especially listening to stories from /about Carol. Love.

Meredith is my roommate and will be marrying the handsome Andrew. Her dress is stunning and totally Mer. Andrew and I share the same birthday so of course he's legit ;) Kicking off June with a wedding in Greenville is just the right way to start the Summer. Elegant and Class - this one will be a good one.

Kristen, another one of my beach "besties" met Nick in dental school, so that means one day they will have their own practice and be loaded - right Swartz? They are hilarious and I can't wait to make the drive to VA to see them. It can't come soon enough.

I would love to call out the other couples that will soon be added to this list, but I don't want to jinx it. Not that I believe it would, but I'll leave the pressure to the girlfriends.

Here are few of the cute married couples from over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment